Thursday, January 21, 2010

This is My Nemesis



Kitten showed up about a year ago. He is free range.

I agreed to this on two conditions: first, that Kitten be allowed nowhere near my food safe, and second, that he would be consumed once he reached maturity. We're not running a charity here.

Did I occasionally feed Kitten a little extra after Host and Host #2 were asleep? Did I massage Kitten gently to achieve high quality marbling? Did I read Kitten countless recipes and ask how he'd be best prepared to give him some measure of control over his destiny? Did I take Kitten to see "Julie and Julia" to illustrate all that we learned?

But Host has ignored my efforts. Host tells me to leave Kitten alone. Kitten is part of the family. Now, Kitten and I are locked in an eternal death struggle, and I WILL BEST HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment